February 6, 2007 - It's my due date, and I'm already almost 2 weeks old!Here is a picture of our boy on his due date.... I just keep thinking that if I had carried him this far he most likely would have been close to 10 pounds. Thank you for induced labor.
On Thursday the 8th, Sam did have his 2 weeks checkup. For the most part, everything is perfect, however, he has not yet regained his birth weight as he weighed in at only 8 pounds, 4 ounces. This did not surprise me in a way, as he has been a lot more interested in sleeping than eating and often sleeps 7 - 10 hours at night (not like a normal newborn as most of you know). Anyway, we have had to put him on a more scheduled eating schedule of every 2-3 hours during the day, but can still let him sleep one longer shift at night. Of course, trying to wake a newborn to eat is a difficult task. You may succeed in waking him up by changing his diaper, but getting his to say awake while he eats is a totally different undertaking. We weigh in again this week, and will see if there is an improvement, or something to be concerned about.
1 comment:
Time flies!! I can't believe he is already 2 weeks old!
Post a Comment