... We should have known better!
It was Sunday afternoon and we were pretty much snowed in. Most of the churches in W. Michigan were closed. Ours wasn't but we weren't going to venture out in sub zero temperatures with 4 kids as young as ours, one of them being a newborn. Anyway, Allison and Sam were taking both taking a nap and Paul and I were actually going to relax a little in the living room. Nicholas and Gabrielle were playing nicely in the den, or so we thought.
First of all, they had their activity boxes out: crayons, markers, glue, etc; which is normally a "kitchen table only activity". I guess we were being a little lazy and since they seemed to be getting along quite well we let things go that afternoon, as everyone was suffering from cabin fever and a little peace and quiet were a welcome reprieve. Needless to say, we learned our lesson, a couple of hours later I found a chunk of hair on the kitchen floor (see below). This was the first chunk of about 5-8 that we ended up finding. Apparently, Nicholas decided that it would be fun to take a scissors to his sisters hair. UGGGHHH...I almost cried. I can't believe Gabrielle didn't make a fuss when he did it. Once they were done playing and she began moving around the house, the chunks of hair that had stuck to her clothes began falling in various places in the house.
Thankfully, he didn't touch her bangs, and he didn't take any chunks out of the bottom of her hairline. There are several areas where she has small sections that are now as short as 3 inches long and a couple of areas where she has 4-6 inch long pieces. He mainly stuck to the top section of her head and around her part. So far, most people won't notice and I have still been able to pull most of it into her pigtails. If you don't look for it you won't find it, but it is going to be quite a while before these sections grow out.




1 comment:
I think every kid has to try either cutting their own hair or someone else' at least once in their lives. Hopefully some children have learned their lesson or their scissors have been taken away for a while!
Post a Comment