Saturday, February 24, 2007

February 17 & 18, 2007 - New Pictures of Sam!

On the 16th, we took Sam back into the doctor to be weighed. We still need to get him back up to birthweight. Well, as of Friday the 16th, he had only gained 2 1/2 ounces since the Thursday before. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 6 1/2 ounces. This is still not where we needed to be. However, at least he is gaining weight and not losing. After questions about his schedule, his diaper history (wet/dirty) etc, I was told to keep doing what I was doing as far as his feeding schedule and that I could continue to let him sleep longer at night (yeah, I was afraid they were going to say I needed to wake him up to eat). If he became lethargic or anything I would need to supplement with a bottle of formula, but otherwise I could continue as I was doing and bring him back next week to be weighed again.

Sam is definately still a content baby and rarely complains about anything. He has noticeably more awake time and therefore, is eating better at each feeding. Allison has started to become a bit more difficult to deal with, as she is now constantly crawling in his chair and many other things. She likes to touch him, try to crawl on top of him, and has been seen ripping his mini-boppy pillow right out from under him. We have to take Sam with us where ever we go in the house as the only time she can't get to him is when he is in his bassinet. I am sure this will pass, as she is probably coming to realization that he is staying, and she is fighting for position in the family. We are just having to make sure that if we aren't holding the baby, that we give her plenty of cuddles and hugs.

Sam is hanging out in his rocking chair.With the cold weather, Sam likes to wear his hat to help him warm up after his bath. After bathtime, he gets all bundled up and relaxes with his "pipey".

Sam looks around from a new vantage point, his mini-boppy pillow. We bought this for when Allison was born and the pillow has a pink side and a green side. It is very important to Nicholas to make sure that Sam always lays on the green side because he is a boy.




No comments: