Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16, 2010
Allison's Birthday Party
at Yankee Springs State Park


I decided to break up my entries for our trip to Yankee Springs because I had taken so many pictures between Allison's Birthday Party and our other fun camping activities.

Friday night, we decided to celebrate Allison's Birthday.
Grandma babysat Owen for the day, so Uncle Shawn came out for the evening.
In addition, we were excited to hear that Aunt Melissa and Micah could drive out for the evening as well. I wasn't up for cooking for all these people out of my trailer, so I opted for the easy way out and we ordered Hungry Howie's Pizza and breadsticks. The food was a hit, and the company was outstanding and Allison had a great time celebrating her birthday with everyone.

The Birthday Girl
Showing off her Hello Kitty t-shirt to match her Hello Kitty birthday theme.

Before the party started, we took the opportunity to take a picture with the cupcakes she decorated with sprinkles. The birthday girl with her birthday crown and her lunchbox that we filled with candy for her party favors.

Opening her present from Aunt Melissa and Micah.
It was a goody bag filled with a jump rope, bubbles, and suckers.

She loves her new Hello Kitty camping chair from Grandma and Grandpa.

After Allison opened her chair - Nicholas decided that the gift bag was the perfect size to wear.

Polly Pocket set from Grandma and Grandpa

A new outfit for school - also from Grandma and Grandpa

....and her new art set.

Polly Pocket Roller Coaster set from her aunts, uncles, and cousins.

and a new tent from Mama and Papa

Aunt Catherine and Allison seem to have the same opinion of the construction of the new Polly Pocket Roller Coaster and Waterpark.

Everybody seemed into the Polly Pocket set tonight. Aunt Catherine said she wanted to help put it together, because she never gets to play with girls toys - having 2 boys of her own.
But, as the package was opened I think Joshua was just as excited to explore the new toy.

After the gifts, we all headed down to the lake for some swimming and tubing.
I was out in the water having fun with everyone, so I didn't have my camera with me in the water. However, one story that just needs to be shared is this: Uncle Shawn patiently pulls the little kids on the tube every time, knowing that he can't go too fast and needs to take it easy because of the their age. Tonight, was another story - we managed to talk Micah into giving the tube a try. Uncle Shawn was in his glory knowing that he had a fierce competitor on his hands and did everything in his power to try to flip her off. He finally accomplished his task, and oh did I wish I had my camera. The tube flipped up in the air and you could see air between the top of that tube and Micah as she went hurling into the air and dropped into the waves. Uncle Shawn turned to all of us near shore and declared his triumph with both arms straight up in the air. I would have loved to have a picture of both the flip and his victorious face.

After tubing, Micah headed into shore to dry off and I found her swinging with Allison.


The birthday girl with her cupcakes.

Blowing out her candles.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Allison! So glad we could celebrate with you and you let us play with your new girly toys!