Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010
If you want something bad enough....

Earlier this morning, I had the dryer running. From upstairs, I heard the dryer door open and the dryer stop. I went down stairs to find out it was Sam and had a little talk with him about leaving my dryer alone.

Later in the morning, Sam and I went through some totes in the basement looking for some bigger pajamas for him and were able to locate 3 Lightning McQueen PJs. I then proceeded to put them in the load of wash that I had ready to go.

Still later, Sam came and found me and wanted to know where his new PJs where. I informed him that they were now in the dryer and that he could wear them that night.

So, now it's the middle of the afternoon and I am sitting in the living room and low and behold I hear the dryer door again. This time the cycle was actually finished. In my mind, I am preparing myself to have a little talk with Sam when he comes back upstairs and am trying to decide the appropriate punishment. Then, I start hearing him mumble something to himself and it sounds like he is carrying something heavy. I also keep hearing something on the stairs as he works his way to the top.

The next thing I know he brings me a laundry basket full of clean clothes, and is asking for his new Lightning McQueen PJs. The little stinker had unloaded the clean clothes from the dryer into a laundry basket and carried them all upstairs. I quickly realized that this wasn't the entire load and asked him where the rest of the clothes were. His reply: " They are in the green basket because it was too heavy for me to carry them all."

No comments: