Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Pentwater 2009 July 31 - August 4, 2009

I may be behind on my blog but I hope to get to everything eventually. There was so many things going on this summer and with working from home there just isn't a lot of time to work on the things I enjoy. Now that cold weather is here I am going to spend the winter remembering our past adventures and looking forward to future ones.

We had so much fun in Pentwater again this year - and this time we actually made it there with out tow vehicle in tact, unlike last year where it ended up alongside the road never to be driven by us again. The kids had lots of fun at the campground: playing in the sand, swinging, fishing, hiking, and floating & kayaking in the river.

We spent some time in downtown Pentwater and took a walk down the pier by the beach. We also took a day trip down to Silver Lake to watch the excitement on the dunes and visit Little Sable Point Lighthouse. We also took a day trip up to Ludington where we took a bike ride to Big Sable Point Lighthouse and climbed to the top. We did a little hiking too before heading back to the campground.

While in Pentwater we also met an interesting family at the campground. There were 2 little blonde girls who were looking for some playmates. Turns out that they are from the Netherlands. Their father recently sold his business there and they decided to spend a year traveling America (both North, South and Central). They had quite the set up with a Land Rover type vehicle that included a tent set up that involved using the top of the vehicle for bunks and then dropped to the ground. I am sorry I didn't get any pictures. They will be travelling and living in this vehicle/tent for an entire year and had quite the itinerary. This was only a week or two into their trip and the one girls didn't speak much english at all - the other did quite well. It was interesting to talk to this family and talk about it with the kids.

No comments: