March 19, 2007 - Potty Training?
Allison has been telling when she is poopy for quite some time now. However, the last week or so, she tells us she is poopy and she isn't. We have figured out that she is actually trying to tell us she needs to poop, the problem is that she will go around saying it for 30 minutes or so some days before she actually does.
On the way home from preschool she kept saying poopy. When we got home, she still hadn't done the deed, so I decided to try putting her on the potty. She didn't go, but I didn't put her pants on either. After watching her carefully for 30 minutes or so, and one pee accident later I caught her stop in her tracks and got that look of needing to do her business, so I swiped her up and got her into the bathroom. She did it , ALLISON WENT POOPY ON THE POTTY (she did this a week or so too, because I happened to catch her at the right time). She was so proud, and got to pick a treat out of the candy bucket.
Last night, at bedtime, she was again saying poopy over and over. She does have a habit of filling her diaper shortly after we put her bed, so I spent some time with her in the bathroom. No BM, but she did go pee-pee. She then got to go downstairs and tell papa. She is very excited when she goes, but so far it's just timing and luck. When I put underwear on her she just has accidents. It's a start though.
Blog Change
4 years ago




1 comment:
Hey I'd take the luck and timing! We haven't had either yet although we have been trying! Joshua too will go around singing poo-poo or poop and not actually go on the toilet. Guess we all just keep on trying!
Post a Comment