May 27, 2010
Kindergarten Field Trip
I love going on field trips with my kids - because even though you are with their classmates, it's one on one time with that child and I get to see how the interact with their friends.
The morning started with a trip to the Children's Museum. I can tell Gabrielle's is getting older, because she seemed to wander a little more and it seemed like things didn't really keep her attention for very long. I could tell she was outgrowing some of the activities.
The mirrored tube did get a big smile out of her.
Kindergarten Field Trip
I love going on field trips with my kids - because even though you are with their classmates, it's one on one time with that child and I get to see how the interact with their friends.
The morning started with a trip to the Children's Museum. I can tell Gabrielle's is getting older, because she seemed to wander a little more and it seemed like things didn't really keep her attention for very long. I could tell she was outgrowing some of the activities.
The mirrored tube did get a big smile out of her.
The one area that she kept going back to over and over again was the piano. She really was committed to figure out how to play a song they had posted. She was very frustrated with the other kids wanting to interrupt her concentration, and she can't handle the noise when other kids would play at the same time as her. I promised her that we would get my keyboard out of the basement at home so she could play as much as she wanted.
Gabrielle and Haley have been friends all year. They actually met through my friendship with Haley's mom over the past few years but haven't been in school together until now. It is great to see that they have a blossoming friendship all on their own and not just because their moms are friends.
We then spent the afternoon at the zoo. In going through my pictures I realized I took a lot of pictures of animals and not a lot of pictures of Gabrielle.
Here, just as Gabrielle looked away a penguin jumped in the water right by her.




No comments:
Post a Comment