Saturday, February 07, 2009

February 7, 2009 - Sickness, Sickness go away ----

So this week has been full of colds and fevers in the Van Wesep house. The kids have been struggling with colds for the most part, but up and down fevers have been thrown into the mix to make things unpredictable and very difficult to plan what was going on.

In the middle of the night, Sam coughed so hard that he threw up. Well, I think it was about 2 am. So I picked him up, changed his clothes and brought him downstairs and put him in our bed with Paul. I then went up, stripped the bed and brought it into the basement and started a load of laundry. At this point, I just wanted to go back to bed and did not really wish to put the clean sheets on so we just left Sam sleep in our bed.

Once the other kids started to get up, Paul got out of bed and Allison climbed in. This is the sight I saw when I got out of bed as well.



So on that note..... how many parents out there have had that moment when you wish your child/children could just put themselves to bed??


Well, tonight we had that such event. Since Sam has been feeling under the weather the past few days he has actually been asking to take a "napper". To which we willingly obliged. However, tonight we were watching a movie as a family and all of the sudden he just picked up his blankie and teddy and left the room. After a couple of minutes I asked Paul where Sam went, and he thought he may have mumbled "napper" as he left the room. So upon investigating I found my 2 year old son having put himself to bed. Apparently, he was tired....

Speaking of tired....

The other day, I went to tuck the kids in before we went to bed. I couldn't find Sam, but I could hear him breathing. After about 30 seconds or so of investigating I found him.... sound asleep UNDER Nicholas's bed. Silly kid!

No comments: