Friday, January 02, 2009

December 24, 2008 Christmas Eve 2008

After a very snowy trip to the grocery store in the morning, I returned to find some very anxious children. They know we usually open their stockings a little bit at a time throughout the day and they had been waiting patiently.

Their first present was one I hadn't wrapped - GIANT COLORING BOOKS and crayons. What I didn't realize when I bought them was they were actually GIANT MURALS. What a perfect gift to have given them - it kept the older two occupied for 2-3 hours. WOW!.

They also each got a book, a small toy (Nicholas got a small lego set, the girls got mini my little ponies, and Sam got matchbox cars), and a few pieces of candy and candy canes.

After dinner, they exchanged the gifts they had purchased for each other (they drew names).

Christmas is getting more fun every year, as the kids get older and more understanding of what is going on.

No comments: